At Starcross Primary School, we want every child to leave Starcross with the personal, social, health and emotional knowledge and skills to become healthy and successful adults.
We are determined that:
- The children are equipped for happier and healthier lives, giving them agency to make their way through the world.
- Our PSHE curriculum gives the children of Starcross Primary School the best possible life chances by teaching them and supporting them to recognise and manage their emotions.
- The children learn about their rights and responsibilities in school, our community and the wider world.
- The children learn to foster and maintain positive relationships, and learn how to recognise signs of negative relationships.
- The children have aspirations for their future and understand how to set goals for themselves to achieve those aspirations.
- The children accept and celebrate differences between people, and are tolerant and accepting of different views, beliefs and lifestyles.
- The children learn how to make healthy choices about their lifestyles, and develop confidence in themselves and have high self-esteem.
- The children understand and learn how to cope with change, both in the world around them and in their own bodies.